McCormickFest - Planning Committee
McCormickFest is the major PTO fundraiser of the school year. Planning begins in the spring for the following year's festival. The event would not be possible without the help from many committed parents to volunteer their time and effort not only the day of the event, but over the summer. If you would like to support the school and be a part of the fun, donating as much or as little of your time as you like, please e-mail Festival@McCormickPTO.com. Subcommittees include:
- Project Manager: Schedules event, plans and coordinates venue and general site layout, oversees all other committees, manages event budget.
- Corporate Sponsorship: Contacts local businesses for monetary or product donations to cover the expenses for the 5k & festival, including student fundraising incentives, keeps track of and records donations, collects logos and advertising information to promote, makes sure each business receives the advertising benefit based on their level of donation, sends out thank you letters/receipts to businesses that provide donations.
- Advertising / Promotions: Update Facebook pages, posts updates regularly to Facebook, coordinates set up of registration page online, sends picture to newspaper with event info prior to race, runs a newspaper ad, creates and posts yard/roadside signs, creates and distributes event flyers to students and at local businesses and running stores, advertises at many on-line sites such as JogRunRace.com, collects pictures taken at event to post to Facebook, newspaper and the yearbook staff.
- Festival: Plans food, entertainment and equipment rentals, coordinates with vendors, manages ticket and wristband sales, oversees event from setup to clean-up.
- 5K Race: Plans course route and features like water stations, orders racing bibs, oversees set up of race course and volunteers, keeps track of race timing for awards, and submits for posting results online.
- Student Fundraising / Awards: Develops student fundraising packet, tracks income, plans and distributes student incentives.
- Registration & T-shirts: Tracks registrations, t-shirt sales, heads the registration table at event, orders t-shirt printing, and handles 5K packet pick-up.
- Volunteer Coordination: Sets up and promotes sign-up list by time slot and duty, solicits help from McCormick staff and families, various community groups, coordinates and oversees the volunteers for the day of the event.